Founded in January 2006, the Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (ALFDP) is a not-for-profit section 501(c)(3) organization.
We are a membership association of law firm professionals working in the area of diversity.
ALFDP’s mission is to act as a catalyst for the advancement of diversity an inclusion in the legal profession through our collective knowledge, vision, expertise and advocacy in the arena of law firm diversity. As a collaborative organization, we work towards the common goals of advancing diversity within our own organizations and within the legal profession as a whole by sharing important information and experiences, and learning from one another.
We have undertaken the following activities in order to fulfill this mission:
- Offer opportunities for the professional development of the Association’s members;
- Share information on various aspects of law firm diversity management;
- Meet periodically — and at least yearly — in conjunction with other diversity events;
- Liaise with other organizations that have diversity initiatives or have expertise in developing and sustaining diversity initiatives;
- Facilitate communication on issues of importance to professionals involved in law firm diversity initiatives.
Additional committees may be established by the Board of Directors in the future.
The Association is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of eight members: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Financial Secretary and 3 members-at-large.
The members of the Board of Directors are responsible for the administration and organization of the Association, with semi-annual reporting responsibilities to the membership. The directors serve two-year terms. Terms are staggered and positions are up for election at the Fall meeting of the Association, which currently is held each November. Members of the Board of Directors may be re-elected for additional terms.
The Association currently has six committees. Each ALFDP member is expected to participate actively on at least one committee. Each committee has a board member liaison and two co-chairs who are not on the Board of Directors. The current committees are:
- Conference Committee
- Governance Committee
- Media and Communications Committee
- Membership Committee
- Professional Development and Training Committee
- Strategic Partnerships Committee
Officers & Board of Directors
King & Spalding LLP
1180 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309
Dentons US LLP
1900 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
Goodwin Procter LLP
620 Eighth Avenue The New York Building
New York, NY 10018
Marredia C. Crawford
Baker McKenzie LLP
700 Louisiana Street, Suite 3000
Houston, TX 77002
Foley & Lardner LLP
321 North Clark Street, Suite 2800
Chicago, IL 60654
Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
4520 Main Street, Suite 400
Kansas City, MO 64111
Jessica Maroney Shillito
Shearman & Sterling LLP
599 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Latham Watkins LLP
650 Town Center Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626