The ALFDP Conference festivities took place on November 14-15, 2012 in Washington, D.C.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2012
2:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. New Professionals Roundtable (see agenda below)
5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Strategic Planning for New Diversity Professionals (October Training & Development Follow-up)
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Welcome Reception (Winston & Strawn LLP)
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2012
8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Conference Registration & Breakfast*
9:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Greetings and Welcome
9:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. ALFDP Team Building Exercise: Building closer ties, enhancing engagement and demonstrating the value of membership
10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. BREAKOUT SESSION I
- Avoid Legal Landmines – Implement Diversity Initiatives Without Running Afoul of Employment Laws
- Women’s Initiative: A Report on Trends and Successful Efforts
- Mentor and Sponsorship Programs: A Discussion on Best Practices and Ideas
11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Lunch with Keynote Speaker & Elections
- Keynote Speaker: Phyllis Levinson – Taking Control of Your Career, Health and Wellness (Phyllis Levinson will discuss how your Firm’s culture impacts your job satisfaction and life; how do you find balance in your life; how to embrace change; and will explore your values, vision and purpose).
- Board Candidates/Voting Guidelines
1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. BREAKOUT SESSION II
- Cultural Competency in Global Law Firms – How to Add Value and Drive Business Results
- Organizational Savvy: Want It? – Let’s Learn From Those Who Do It Well
- Best Practices for Presenting Data and Trends to Senior Management – A Report on Diversity Metrics Technology
2:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. GENERAL SESSION
- Intervention Strategies for Developing Diverse Lawyers
3:15 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Break
3:30 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. GENERAL SESSION
- ALFDP Board Meeting
- Announcement of Election Results
4:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closing Remarks
* = A continental breakfast will be available.
Winston & Strawn LLP
1700 K Street, N.W.
(Corner of K and 17th Streets)