The Diversity & Inclusion Assistant works with the Diversity & Inclusion Specialist and other Talent Management personnel to assist with the day-to-day coordination of activities in the department. This person provides administrative and logistical support to the firm’s D&I programs, initiatives, committees and affinity groups.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides administrative and program support related to internal and external D&I initiatives; including the Diversity Council, Women’s Initiative, and affinity groups
• Helps organize, schedule, and execute firmwide D&I meetings, trainings, and events; including creating invitations, drafting internal communications, collecting RSVPs, tracking attendees, printing nametags, reserving conference rooms, and making vendor payments
• Collaborates with cross-department personnel from the Business Development and Events teams as needed
• Assists with evaluating, tracking, and executing sponsorship opportunities, conference participation, speaking engagements and training opportunities
• Assists with coordination of diversity pipeline recruiting programs and events, including D&I legal career fairs
• Handles the preparation and distribution of internal and external D&I marketing and recruiting materials, newsletters and various communications; drafts D&I newsletters and press releases
• Conducts market research on D&I initiatives and programs and assists with the completion and submission of D&I-related surveys, reports and other statistical information for firmwide reports, committee meetings, and other requests, as needed
• Updates various internal outlook calendars and other shared documents for firm-wide events, programs and meetings. Helps update the firm’s internal D&I pages and diversity-related content on the external website
• Collects, tracks, enters and updates attorney and candidate information in HRIS and other firm systems
• Processes invoices, check requests and expense accounts for payment
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: No previous experience required. One to two years of experience working in a diversity and inclusion role in a law firm and/or professional services organization preferred.
Special Knowledge: Working understanding of D&I principles, practices and procedures is a plus.
Technical Skills: Exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn and become proficient quickly in a variety of firm software/systems (such as Oracle, iManage, ViRecruit, etc.). Experience performing quantitative and comparative data validation and analytics is preferred, but not required.
Attributes: A passion for D&I efforts; ability to work both independently and as part of a team; detail-oriented, organized and process driven. Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a good rapport with various personnel at all levels. Self-motivated and self-starter; seeks growth opportunities; takes leadership on projects; and/or seek solutions when answers are not readily apparent.
Other Qualifications: Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and see projects through to completion.
• Occasional travel and ability to work late hours and weekends as required.
• Job is subject to time pressures and constraint.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and skills required of personnel so classified. The firm reserves the right to revise or modify this job description at any time.
To apply for this job please visit velaw.taleo.net.