Foley Hoag is currently seeking a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Coordinator to be based in our Boston office. The position reports to the Firm’s Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and will be an integral member of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination and execution of DE&I initiatives, programs and workshops.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of internal, external and virtual DE&I event deliverables.
- Collaborate with other firm departments on DE&I initiatives and activities as needed.
- Respond to external DE&I survey requests.
- Provide ongoing support to the firm’s Diversity Committee and affinity groups.
- Identify and recommend programs and resources that build and foster inclusion, awareness, knowledge and engagement throughout the Firm.
- Conduct ongoing research on DE&I trends and best practices, as needed.
- Assist in the development of DE&I materials, resources and toolkits.
- Assist in maintaining DE&I content on the firm’s intranet, external website, newsletter and social media platforms.
- Oversee the DE&I inbox and calendar.
- Process vendor contracts, invoices, event and travel expenses.
- Provide support for all external DE&I sponsorships and conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by the DE&I Director and other members of the team.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience required.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, balance competing demands and meet concrete deadlines.
- Ability to perform work with a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly organized with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Event planning experience is a plus.
- Develops rapport with others and establishes positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Maintains discretion, and uses sound judgment in dealing with highly confidential information.
- Strong technical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, with particular emphasis on PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.
- Law firm experience is preferred but not required.
- Experience in DE&I is preferred but not required
- Ability to work in front of a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to physically navigate the office to attend meetings and events.
Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org