Cleary’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team is looking for a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Engagement Manager to help advance the Firm’s global DE&I initiatives, and to serve as a
thought leader and resource to Firm stakeholders and clients.
Through close collaboration with the other members of the DE&I team and various business
functions, you will identify and implement best practices to increase and drive awareness and
engagement across the Firm and with our global clients and other external stakeholders.
• Routinely research emerging trends and best practices in the legal field and leading issues
that impact the DE&I space.
• Stay attuned to our clients’ needs, norms and business practices in the DE&I space.
• Collaborate within the DE&I team and across the Talent team to ensure peers are looped
in, aware and consulted on region-specific initiatives that could be leveraged more
• Prepare and deliver briefings and presentations to Firm leaders and external stakeholders,
External Communications, Events and Sponsorships
• Represent the DE&I team and Cleary overall at internal and external events, as well as at
client meetings and ad hoc engagements, as requested.
• Identify strategic partnerships and related benefits and provide recommendations
regarding sponsorship opportunities as it relates to the Firm’s DE&I priorities, including
attendance at conferences, registrations to events, speaking opportunities, presentations,
welcome remarks and introductions.
• Working closely with the Pro Bono department, identify ways to leverage Firm’s pro
bono activities and partnerships to increase awareness of Firm’s DE&I initiatives and
• Responsible for overseeing and maintaining the Firm’s sponsorship processes for
associations and other local and national organizations. This includes serving as the point
of contact for any general questions regarding the DE&I budget.
• Prepare drafts for communications announcing events and sponsorships as well as
drafting invitations to events.
• Provide content and fact-checks for internal and external DE&I communication pieces to
all Firm departments.
Business Development and Marketing
• Lead process of responding to qualitative surveys from clients and other external parties,
including creating templates for responding.
• Assist with creating standard DE&I messaging for pitches and reviewing pitch decks as
well as DE&I partnership proposals for clients as needed.
• Create, implement and manage client collaborations in the DE&I space (e.g., CLEs,
mentorship programs, awareness events).
• Partner closely with the Marketing and Business Development teams on messaging in
global and locally relevant ways.
• Work with the Marketing and Business Development department to ensure consistent
messaging, including working with the Graphic Design team on logo placement and
imagery used for ads.
• 6+ years of experience in diversity and inclusion, with strategic and operational
experience delivering DE&I initiatives in partnership with a business.
• Is a thought-leader and change-agent in the DE&I space, bringing best practices to our
colleagues, business and external clients.
• Creative and ambitious individual who can help to design, drive and deliver strategic
• The ability to drive projects and initiatives as a self-starter with a strong client focus and
outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
• Current experience in the design and execution of DE&I programs and initiatives.
• Exceptional communication, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in analyzing and interpreting numerical data, and translating analyses into
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment;
comfortable initiating, leading and managing change.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org