Position summary: Primarily responsible for working with the DEI team to support the firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, including the development of practices to recruit, retain and promote diverse attorneys and professional staff, coordination and implementation of firm efforts to support an inclusive culture.
- Support firmwide diversity committee and affinity group management and administration
- Lead the communications, event planning and logistics for firmwide DEI programming, including Diversity Awareness Month, heritage month celebrations and training sessions
- Support in data collection and reporting for certifications, surveys, and internal requests
- Lead on special projects, including attorney hours monitoring and DEI billable credit approval
- Utilize industry diversity databases and internal metrics to produce timely and accurate data reports and analyses as requested, which includes developing visual presentations and quarterly trend updates
- Ensure support of and outreach to law school identity-focused organizations
- Proactively build relationships with different stakeholders across the firm, including legal talent, human resources, office administration, marketing, business development, pro bono, communications and professional development
- Collaborate in budget planning and track spending for the department
- Keep abreast of industry DEI trends and best practices, including global landscape and challenges
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and lead the development of those improvements
- All other duties as assigned or required
Skills and experience:
- Available to work overtime, as required
- After orientation at Cooley LLP, exhibit proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, iManage and other firm applications
- Experience performing quantitative and comparative data validation and analytics
- Demonstrated understanding of Excel and ability to build and maintain spreadsheets, utilize pivot tables and advanced formulas, identify and track trends over time, determine attrition rates, and other key metrics as needed.
- Ability to communicate takeaways, methodologies and assumptions for data analysis
- 3+ years of experience working in a diversity, equity and inclusion role. Ability to achieve a Senior designation with 4+ years of relevant work experience with proven track record of performing elevated responsibilities within the current role.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Law firm or professional services industry experience
- A passion for DEI efforts
- Detail-orientated, organized and process driven
- High attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of department information
- Strong problem solving, coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-motivated and self-starter, looks for growth opportunities, takes leadership to develop solutions when answers are not readily apparent
- Team player with the ability to form independent relationships across multiple departments
Cooley offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit cooley.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.