Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent innovative companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,000 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. The firm performed well in 2020, with revenues growing by nearly 18% to exceed $1 billion and profits per equity partner growing 12% to exceed $3 million, both for the first time ever. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
We are seeking to hire a Head of Culture and Engagement, to be based in any of our US offices (Austin; Boston; Los Angeles; New York; Palo Alto; San Diego; San Francisco; Seattle; Washington, DC; Wilmington, DE), or other locations will be considered, with occasional travel opportunities.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Director, Professional Development, Diversity and Inclusion and will work closely with the firm’s Culture Committee, firm management, department and practice group leadership, office managers and the broader PD and D&I team.
Culture and core values
- Liaise with the Culture Committee, the PD and D&I team, and firm management to continue building a culture that is aligned with our core values: excellence and integrity; diversity and inclusion; entrepreneurship and innovation; transparency; respect and support; and community and environment.
- Develop and execute programs and approaches to support and embed our culture and core values in our evolving hybrid work environment
- Develop and implement effective internal and external communications to define and illustrate our culture and core values, in collaboration with our marketing team
- Collaborate with staff teams, including Career Development, Human Resources, Marketing, Attorney Recruiting, and the wider PD and D&I team, to develop and implement activities and programs for team building and connection, well-being, and other engagement initiatives
- Develop and implement methods to assess employee engagement in our evolving hybrid work environment and develop strategies and implement action plans to address any areas for improvement
- Develop department, practice group and office level action plans to support engagement
- Collaborate on action plans for effective integration of new employees and remote staff through onboarding and orientation
- Build strong relationships to become a trusted advisor to people across the firm
- Keep abreast of best practices and be known as an industry expert in the broader culture and engagement community
- A J.D., M.B.A. or master’s degree is preferred, though candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training, and other relevant experience will be considered
- Extensive experience in a culture; engagement; employee experience; professional development; diversity and inclusion; and/or human resources role
- Experience in law firm leadership is preferred, preferably in a large firm environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communicator and collaborator, with the ability to confidently build strong relationships with people at all levels of seniority
- Compelling written communicator able to harness different channels and media to propose ideas, build consensus and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Active listener able to connect with stakeholders, understand all viewpoints and build consensus
- Strong executive presence and gravitas with the ability to advise and influence senior leaders
- Understanding of law firm dynamics
- Has created and measured impactful strategies and programs based on data insights
- Demonstrated ability to project manage – meeting deadlines and providing high-quality deliverables for multiple, simultaneous projects
- Known for being proactive, creative and innovative
- Cultural awareness and knowledge of current principles, methods and tools of workplace culture
- Demonstrated ability to diplomatically challenge the status quo and seek opportunities for continuous improvement
- Thrives in a high expectation, fast-paced environment
To apply for this job please visit wsgr.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.