Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is currently seeking a Manager of Global Attorney Diversity & Inclusion – Client Initiatives to join our winning team, located in any of our US offices. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration.
As the global outbreak of COVID-19 continues to unfold, Latham has taken precautions to help protect our people, clients, and the communities where we live and work. This includes a shift to virtual work for the majority of our lawyers and staff. This role will likely start virtually while the firm continues to evaluate the situation.
The Manager of Global Attorney Diversity & Inclusion – Client Initiatives will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
As a Manager of Global Attorney Diversity & Inclusion – Client Initiatives at Latham, you will work closely with the Director of Global Attorney Diversity & Inclusion and the Diversity Leadership Committee (“DLC”) to spearhead and administer the firm’s client-facing diversity & inclusion (“D&I”) programs and initiatives, while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
• Working closely with the Director of Global Attorney Diversity & Inclusion and the DLC to design and implement the DLC’s strategy on strengthening relationships with clients and potential clients through D&I and helping to execute all of the DLC’s client-facing programs, initiatives and projects
• Serving as the administrative lead for the DLC’s client initiatives subcommittee, including working closely with the subcommittee Chair(s) to define the group’s priorities and implementing all subcommittee initiatives
• Managing all client-related D&I data requests, surveys and submissions. Assessing and providing guidance on data privacy issues related to data requests, in consultation with the Office of General Counsel (“OGC”)
• Preparing compelling D&I content for RFPs and pitches. Working with the Business Development Department to maintain our standard D&I materials for client submissions
• Analyzing and tracking client engagement on D&I around the world to improve DLC initiatives and alert client teams of strategic opportunities to strengthen relationships with clients through D&I. This includes tracking client engagement in our D&I initiatives, as well as conducting regular market research to stay abreast of our clients’ D&I activities and initiatives
• Managing D&I partnerships with clients, including professional development and mentoring programs, along with working closely with the Pro Bono and Recruiting Committees on D&I-related client initiatives
• Consulting with the OGC and key stakeholders, providing guidance to relationship partners and Business Development Department team members on client D&I charters, commitments and guidelines for outside counsel
• Organizing D&I trainings for clients, including preparing presentation materials
• Leading communications campaign to help better educate lawyers on engaging with clients on D&I; preparing materials and resources to equip lawyers for productive discussions with clients about potential D&I partnerships
• Collaborating with the Human Resources and Finance & Accounting Departments to institute new reporting mechanisms to track our compliance with client diversity staffing requirements
• Working closely with the broader DLC administrative team, including the Manager of Global Attorney Diversity & Inclusion, the Senior Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator – Client Initiatives, and the Global Attorney Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator
• Ensuring continuous service enhancements through benchmarking with law firm peers and by evaluating ways in which existing programs, policies, and procedures can be improved to provide additional efficiencies to the DLC
• Collaborating with staff members at all levels of the firm’s administrative departments, including Business Development, Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, the OGC, Operations, Technology, and others to exchange information and coordinate DLC initiatives
• Collaborating with attorney and staff members across firm committees, including Knowledge Management, Pro Bono, Recruiting, and Women Enriching Business (“WEB”), to exchange information and coordinate DLC initiatives; working closely with attorney and staff members of WEB to coordinate the firm’s overall client-facing D&I efforts
• Completing special projects regarding various issues as needed for the Attorney Development Department
• Promoting a fully inclusive environment, employing effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
As the Manager of Global Attorney Diversity & Inclusion – Client Initiatives, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. The successful Manager must have a high level of attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, client-focused environment. In addition, the Manager must have advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, and be particularly adept at drafting professional, concise and compelling client-facing documents, presentations, talking points, and executive summaries. The ideal candidate should have advanced analytical skills with a high level of comfort reviewing and interpreting rules and working with data, along with the ability to think strategically and creatively, and to turn innovative ideas into concrete projects capable of implementation.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. A J.D. is preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of relevant diversity, business development or professional services experience is required. A minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience is desired. Law firm experience highly preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.