The Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (ALFDP), a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing diversity and inclusion in the legal profession, announces the election of its 2020 Board of Directors. The Board is comprised of diversity, inclusion and recruiting leaders from top law firms across the country and includes six returning professionals in top leadership roles and four newly appointed professionals.
The returning members and their positions on the Board of Directors include:
- President: Lia Dorsey – Dentons, Director of Diversity and Inclusion (Washington, D.C.)
- Treasurer: Bernard Guinyard – Goodwin Procter, Director of Diversity + Inclusion (New York)
- Financial Secretary: Marredia Crawford – Baker McKenzie, North American Diversity & Inclusion Manager (Houston)
- Board Member-At-Large: Jessica Maroney Shillito – Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, Associate Director of Legal Recruiting (New York)
- Board Member-At-Large: Yusuf Zakir – Holland & Knight, Director of Diversity & Inclusion (Los Angeles)
- President Emeritus: Caroline Abney – King & Spalding, Director of Human Resources & Diversity / Inclusion (Atlanta)
New members joining the Board of Directors and their positions include:
- Vice-President: Kia Scipio – Ropes & Gray, Director of Diversity & Inclusion (Washington, D.C.)
- Secretary: Sharla Toller – Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, Manager of Diversity & Inclusion (Washington, D.C.)
- Board Member-At-Large: Courtney Dredden Carter – Jenner & Block, Director of Diversity and Inclusion (Washington, D.C.)
- Historian: Pauline Vesleno – Goodwin Procter, Manager, Diversity + Inclusion (Los Angeles)
“After having served as Vice President, I am thrilled to continue serving with these new board members, who are dedicated to strengthening and improving diversity and inclusion in the legal profession,” said Lia Dorsey, President of ALFDP and Diversity and Inclusion Director at Dentons. “Their insights and expertise will be invaluable to ALFDP and our ongoing mission to leverage our collective knowledge, vision, expertise and advocacy in the arena of law firm diversity to improve the legal profession.”
The Association of Law Firm Diversity Professionals (ALFDP) seeks to serve as a catalyst for the advancement of diversity and inclusion in the legal profession through the organization’s collective knowledge, vision, expertise, and advocacy in the arena of law firm diversity. The ALFDP is the only association for law firm diversity professionals and has more than 200 members at law firms across the United States and Canada. The organization’s Board of Directors is comprised of a group of experienced law firm diversity professionals who provide expertise and insight to ensure the organization is effective and impactful. More information is available on the association’s website at www.ALFDP.com.